‘Air pollution is turning Mother nature prematurely gray’. – Irv Kupcinet
As the entire country celebrated the beginning of a New Year, Delhi, yet again, had a major environmental setback. People stepped out of their houses with friends and family to commemorate the end of a remarkable year and were ambushed by the worst Air Quality Index. The day’s average Air Quality Index was recorded at 400, which was classified as ‘very poor’ by Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB). Similarly, the AQI of Mumbai dropped down to 281 on 1st January.
One can’t escape the outdoor air pollution by staying indoors. The harmful air pollutants are capable of entering your home and adding to the already existing indoor air pollution. According to WHO, 4.3 million people a year die from exposure to household air pollution. So, are you and your loved ones not safe anywhere? The solution to this concern is taking a few precautionary measures to safeguard your family from indoor air pollution.
Here is a list of steps you can take to purify your indoor air:
- Ensure your home is properly ventilated
- Bring home houseplants that purify air indoors
- Deep clean your home effectively
- Invest in an air purifier
One of the easiest ways to make your indoor air healthy is by investing in a good air purifier. Before you make such a huge investment, here are some things that you should know about air purifiers.
What is an air purifier?
Air purifiers are devices that remove contaminating particles (dust, pollen and dander) from the air.
What are the benefits of an air purifier?
- A good air purifier eliminates harmful pollutants from indoor air, making it healthy
- It traps allergens and pet dander released by the pets in the house
- It helps get rid of indoor smoke caused by cooking gas, fireplace, cigarettes, etc.
- Air purifiers are portable and can be fit in any room comfortably
- It helps you breathe fresh, healthy air throughout the day
What are the things to consider before investing in an air purifier?
- Before buying an air purifier, make sure to consider the size of your room. There is a wide range of sizes available in the market. Always go for a size that is capable of purifying a larger space than your actual room size.
- Do your research about the filters in the air purifiers. Ensure that these filters are able to trap allergens, dust, molds and bacteria and purify the air effectively.
- Many purifiers in the market emit a buzzing noise as they are switched on. To relax in your home peacefully, invest in one that produces less or no noise.
- Before investing in any air purifier, ensure that the servicing plans are accurate. This will help increase product life and keep it functioning efficiently for a longer period.
- As air purifiers become a long-lasting part of your home, do consider the style and design of the product before buying it.
As mentioned earlier, it is extremely essential to know about the filters present in the air purifiers. Here is a list of filters that are present in an air purifier:
- Anti-dust filter: Anti-dust filters in air purifiers eliminates dust, dirt and pet dander from the air.
- Anti-allergen filter: The anti-allergen filter traps, fungal spores and pollen in the air that can trigger allergic reactions.
- HEPA filter: The HEPA filter removes ultra-fine particulate matter up to 0.3 microns.
- Deodorization filter: The Deodorization filter absorbs harmful gases, VOCs, smoke and foul odour present in the air
- Anti-microbial formula: The anti-microbial formula destroys bacteria and fungi from the air, making it healthy to breathe
- Diatom filter: The Diatom filter is present in the shape of tiny balls that get rid of harmful chemicals in the air.
- Therapeutic filter: The Therapeutic filter not only purifies the air but also adds Vitamin C to it.
- Cold Catalyst Filter: The Cold Catalyst Filter decomposes volatile compounds like methyl aldehyde, ethanethiol, etc.
- Vita-Ion filter: The Vita-Ion filter releases negative ions in the air to purify it. The negative ions make sure the air you breathe is rejuvenating.
Air Purifiers give you a comprehensive solution to make your indoor air healthy. With the air quality deteriorating by the day, air purifiers are not a luxury but a necessity. So, take a step towards healthy living and bring home Dr. Aeroguard Air Purifiers, certified by German ‘gui Labs’. Dr. Aeroguard air purifiers with their advanced filters, not only purify the air in your home, but also make it healthy with Vitamin C. Book a demo here.